Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A visit to a Kensington Market fish monger


I think I have settled on my favourite fish monger in Kensington market: New Seaway. I bought scallops from these guys that still felt like they were hopping ( I got 'em home and seared in hot oil with salt and pepper, drizzled with chili oil and served with roast tomato and pepper stew - amazing). Anyway, yesterday they were just receiving a shipment from the Faroe Islands and I was able snap a pic of the boxes as they were being hauled in (and leaving a slippery trail of seawater behind them).

A convenient web page address was on the box, so I was able to confirm that there is truth in advertising. I bought another fillet of Faroe salmon (I blogged about here previously). The fish was so fresh and firm it seemed like sushi grade. I don't think I will ever go back to any other kind of salmon. You don't have to do anything to this fish, just roast in a hot oven for about 15 minutes with salt and pepper and enjoy. (I couldn't help myself, before cooking, I cut off a nice hunk of the raw fish and enjoyed it with nothing but a bit of soy - the best sashimi ever). The price is right too. It won't be long before the price goes up on this stuff, so I'm enjoying it while I can. So should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment